Friday, April 26, 2013

Our African Adventure - Part 3

It’s Sunday afternoon and now it’s my turn to cross the “Chicken Line”. I have to preach and facilitate a miracle/healing service. It’s something I have never done before. I put together a half-dozen scriptures or so on why God still heals today, a couple of healing testimonies that I believed God wanted me to share, and just went for it. They can’t fire me as I volunteered to come to Kenya and paid my own way. The assistant pastor, Robert, of Kimbo All Nations Gospel Church was my interpreter. He translated my message into the Swahili language.



After sharing my message and testimonies, I called for the “Red Hat Girl” to come and share what had happened to her just a couple of hours before. That girl can preach! The faith level in the room rose as she shared how Roger and I had found her (Treasure Hunting) and about her healing.


 I then asked anyone in the church that had any of the issues that were in the testimonies to stand. As they stood up the team from Columbia Foursquare Church spread out across the room and began to lay hands and pray for those that had stood up.
Robert and I went to a lady off by herself on the right side of the sanctuary. She had a severe vision problem with her right eye. Her vision had been bad in that eye for 10 years. I laid my hand over her eyes twice, commanding her eye to be healed. After the 2nd time her vision was totally restored. She was so overwhelmed at what God had done for her she just broke down and started crying.
I brought her to the front of the church to share with the people what God had done for her. Then the floodgates opened. There was a flood of people getting healed, delivered from demonic oppression, and two young men gave their lived to Jesus after the power of the Holy Spirit healed them both.
This service was just a sample of what God did through our team during the rest of the week. We had two shorter healing services during the week and the results were the same. Most of the miracles were instantaneous, effortless, and awesome!
The next morning, as we were preparing for the children’s event, Robert shared with me about his painful back. He didn’t ask for prayer the night before as he was helping me. “How about now?, I asked. I sat him down in a chair to check the length of his legs. If a person has a messed up back, usually one of their legs is shorter than the other. Sure enough one of Roberts’s legs was about ¾ inch shorter than the other. My plan was to command the leg to grow and watch as God healed his back. Holy Spirit didn’t give me enough time to even do that. I just looked at his short leg and it grew out before I could do anything! I had Pastor Robert stand up and check his back and sure enough he was totally healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment