Sunday, April 21, 2013

Our African Adventure - Part 2

It was Easter Sunday and Pastor Jon had preached two services at Pastor James Wasonga’s church: Kembo All Nations Gospel Church (Nairobi). The African believers are awesome worshippers. Wow! I got rocked! But, I was up next. I had to preach and lead a miracle/healing service starting a 4:00pm that afternoon. What had I gotten myself into? It was something I had never done before. I had watched Bill Johnson do it so I made up my mind to just copy what he did. He always shared lots of healing testimonies so that was what I was going to do. Then God presented us with our 1st African healing testimony. Her name is Jen.

Some of our group were resting and waiting for the next service to get ready to start. We were sitting outside of Pastor James’s office when Rick F. said to me, “That young lady looks like she has a back problem.” I didn’t see what he saw. What I saw was someone that was on the treasure map I had filled out before I had left the states. She was wearing a red, white, and black checked shirt. I went up to her and showed her my map and asked her if I could pray for her. Sure enough she did have back pain just like Rick said. She let me lay my hands on her back and in about 30 seconds she was totally healed. Thank you Jesus. Now, for the rest of the story.

Roger had just walked up and was smiling. Jen was looking at him and was thinking we were working together. It turns out that Roger had found her on his treasure map two hours earlier. His wife Terri had texted Roger a clue the day before. He was to look for someone wearing a “Red, floppy, hat”. Jen was wearing a red, floppy, hat. He took Lydia, the pastor’s wife that had been healed the night before, to talk with Jen. Lydia told Jen that she had been singled out by God for a blessing and that she should let Roger pray for her. Roger showed Jen the txt on his cell phone of the “red hat” clue from Terri. So Jen let Roger pray for her family and for employment but did not mention the back pain she was suffering from.

Now I had found the same young lady, two hours later, using totally different treasure maps and different clues. Guess what? A short time later this same young lady was in front of her church sharing how God had found her and healed her. Her testimony unleashed faith in the room, and there was a flood of healings during the prayer time. Holy Spirit had set the whole thing up and arraigned everything we needed to be successful and to do what HE wanted to do. It started with a short txt message from 10,000 miles away and ended with a boatload of healings and salvations.

Jen, The Red Hat Girl

 

Our 1st African healing…

No comments:

Post a Comment