Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our African Adventure - Part 4

Part of what the CFC team did while in Pastor Watonga's church in Kimbo was to teach and lead his leadership through what we call an "Encounter". It is usually a two day retreat designed to take a new believer through the basics of the Christian faith and to look deeply into all area's of their lives and how life experiences effect their faith walk with God. It is structured in such a way to have the participants look at their lives, deal with sin, and teach them how to grow and mature in God's kingdom.

Pastor Watonga wanted his leadership to go through an encounter so that after we left they could teach and lead members of his church through an Encounter retreat as well.

All the members of our team taught different session and I got to teach the last session called "The Baptism in the Holy Spirit". As part of my teaching, I presented "Dave's Miracle Journal". It is my log book of my own supernatural experiences with Holy Spirit. Almost everything written in it is healing testimonies that Holy Spirit has done through me. It is my "Book of Acts". I started it less than two years ago and now have over 50 pages documenting the healing miracles and supernatural encounters. I showed the many written pages to the students and then showed them a totally blank page. The blank page represented the 1st 25 years of my Christian life. No one got saved, healed, or delivered through me. I challenged them to "step over the chicken line" (fear), and take risks of faith for God. They could play it safe and see nothing or take risks of faith and see God's power work through them.

 

Lawrence, one of the students asked me after the session if he had to "step over the chicken line" to see the things I see. I told him there was no other way. He had to step out in faith if he wanted God to work through his hands.

Lawrence is employed as a sergeant in the local police force. That night he went to work and two of his prisoners got instantly healed after Lawrence prayed for them. The next morning (Sunday), I got to listen as Lawrence shared with his whole church what God had done through his hands the night before. He stepped "over the line of the chicken (his words)" and Holy Spirit invaded his jail with healing power. Lawrence now had a start to his own "Book of Acts".

 

The testimony of what Jesus has done helps create an expectancy of what He will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment