Saturday, January 7, 2012

WHAT THE FREAK?!?!?!

I was invited to share some healing/treasure hunt stories with the college age home group from South Hills Church of Kennewick. There were about 10 young people and Val the group leader. Myself and a friend, Anna, shared how we got into treasure hunting (prophetic evangelism), and stories of what we have seen God do through us. After sharing many supernatural testimonies we were invited to pray for any sick or hurting in the group. One young man was suffering from chronic pain from fibromyalgia and bad disks in his back. His pain level was a “7”. I drafted one of the young ladies from the group who had never prayed for the sick before. I had her lay her hand on the young man’s neck and back, and had her command pain to leave in Jesus name. The pain level dropped to a “3”. After another prayer the pain left. Yeah God!

Some of the healing stories I shared with the group concerned pictures of body parts I printed out from the internet. These were mainly pictures sore backs, elbow, neck, and knees. I would then pray that the next person I gave the paper to would be healed of the condition shown on the paper. Sounds weird but I had seen four people healed in this manner. If it worked for the Apostle Paul it will work for any believer. The scripture basis for this is Acts 19:12. Remember this paragraph because what follows next is what happened the next day in a classroom with two of the young ladies who were in this home group. The following is from an email from Rachael:

“… so my friend Miranda has had a lot of neck pain the last few weeks or so. Today she was in so much pain in the middle of class that she was about in tears. She told Nikole and I about it and Nikole goes "Man, where's Dave with those pictures when you need him?"

And I realized that we don't need to print them off. So I grabbed a piece of paper, wrote "NECK PAIN" on it then started quietly praying over it; that God would heal the next person who has neck pain and touches it. Then I gave it to Nikole and told her to pray.

She thought it was really funny and didn't want to at first, but I got her to. She prayed and I told her to give it to Miranda. She was like "NO NO WE"RE IN CLASS WE CAN"T" and she told me to give it to her. SO I snatched it away and passed it to Miranda WITHOUT telling her what it was for. She was super confused, but I told her to put it on her neck and she did. Then I told her to move her neck around and she did. She stopped and looked confused then moved it again and again.

Then in the middle of our class she just about yells, "WHAT THE FREAK?!?!?!" Nikole and I just start laughing so hard that we had tears running down our faces. She's sitting there messing with her neck freaking out, Nikole and I are laughing uncontrollably, and the teacher has pretty much given up on us and was just trying to pretend that our side of the class room didn't exist anymore... it was the best. Her neck is not nearly as bad as it was if it even hurts at all..... BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment