Monday, January 16, 2012

A Scary Success!

11-17-2011
It’s Thursday and I got a call from Roger about going to downtown Kennewick tonight. He hadn’t eaten dinner and suggested we go we eat in one of the bars and see what God was up to. That sounded good to me as it was really cold out on the sidewalk. When I met up with him I suggested we go into the “Players Sports Bar” as we had seen Holy Spirit touch so many people outside this bar in the past. He said that he had a picture in his mind of a “Corona” sign and we need to go there. The “Parkade Bar and Grill” has a Corona sign over the door. Parkade Bar it was then.

I had a small treasure map in my pocket that I had filled out for church the preceding Sunday but hadn’t had an opportunity to use it. Looking inside the tavern I thought maybe Roger was off on his clue; the place was empty except for the barmaid.

But!! - I had the color orange as a clue on my treasure map and the waitress had a solid orange dress on.  We went in and sat down, and when she came over to take our order, we started telling her about treasure hunting, and that her orange dress was a clue.  I then asked her if she had problems with her stomach/abdominal areas as this was also one of my clues.  She said, "This is weird,” and then proceeded to tell how she had stomach problems since having her kid.  We got to pray for her physical healing and bless her with the love of Jesus. We ordered our burgers, and while we ate the bar started filling up

As we ate three young guys in their 20's came in and sat at the bar.  Two of the three were wearing orange on their clothes. One had orange on his coat but the other guy had orange and green tennis shoes. One of my unusual clues was orange/green shoes.  It had to be that guy. What are the odds of running into someone with orange/green tennis shoes?

It took me about half of a burger to get my courage up enough to approach these guys. They were drinking hard liquor with beer backers. I felt totally out of place. The chicken line I had to cross felt 10 feet wide. I forced myself to take a risk of faith. What if???

One of my other clues was wrist pain. Guess what? The guy with the odd colored shoes – it was him. On a scale of 1 – 10, his pain level was a 5. While the other two guys were snickering and making flippant remarks, I asked him if I could pray for his wrist. He said go ahead. I lay my hand on his wrist and said a very short prayer. “Thank You, Papa – in Jesus name!” That was it. I had him check it out and all the pain was gone! The Kingdom of God had just invaded. The snickering friends all the sudden were very quiet. “Will it come back?”, he asked. He let me pray again as I declared complete healing over his wrist and I got to share the love of Jesus with him. WOW!

Our first adventure into the bars had been a scary success! Roger had heard Holy Spirit right on the money and the Kingdom of God has been advanced in downtown Kennewick.

No comments:

Post a Comment