Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wow, That Feels Good

Men’s Encounter, 10-09-10

Twice a year my church, Columbia Foursquare Church, has encounters. These are a weekend retreats where the participants press into God for deliverance and healing of events in their pasts that effect their present lives and their relationship with Father God. It is a very powerful time of worship, teaching, prayer, and encountering the living God. I had the privilege of teaching one of the sessions called “The Movie of Your Life” on Friday night. I also came back Saturday afternoon for the ministry time.

During the ministry time two or three leaders have up to an hour of prayer with each participant for a time of personal prayer just for that one individual. I was teamed with John D. and Jim K., two awesome men of God.

During my Morning Prayer time that morning I decided to seek God for some words of knowledge for the men I was going to pray with later that day. Using a small square of paper I wrote down my clues, creating a mini Treasure Map. One of the four clues I received was “arm”.

Simon was one of the men I got to pray with. What a awesome time that was. Holy Spirit was heavy in the room and all four of us were encountering Him. During the course of our prayer time together I asked Simon if he had a problem with his “arm”, using the word of knowledge I had received earlier that morning. He said that he suffered from a severe rotator cuff problem in his left shoulder and pain travels all the way down his arm. He could not use his arm for any type of throwing motion because of it.

John, Jim, and I laid our hands upon his shoulder and arm and commanded his shoulder to be healed. We invited the kingdom of God to come into Simon’s arm. After a time of prayer, while our hands were still upon him, there was a loud “pop” which you could hear in the room and we could feel under our hands. Simon said, “Wow, that feels good.” The kingdom of God had just invaded our earth!

We had just gotten whacked by God’s love. MORE GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment