Saturday, October 16, 2010

15 Minutes

Treasure Hunt 10-14-10

Before we left the prayer time at the Healing Rooms to hit the streets of downtown Kennewick, my sister Terry asked the Lord to let us lead someone to salvation in Jesus. That was the cry of her heart for tonight; she just wanted to see someone get saved.

She didn't tell Roger or me about this prayer until about 15 minutes later.  That’s because in 15 minutes, God answered her prayer by healing and saving two teenage boys.

They were sitting just outside of a club waiting for their ride home to Pasco.  They both matched our clues of white and black.  One had a white shirt and shoes and a black shorts, while the other had black shirt and shoes and white shorts.  On my stick man art, I had clues of problem/pain in the knee/leg area and throat/neck area of the body.   They both had leg pain and the youngest of the two had pain in upper neck in the area of his throat.  He gave me permission to lay hands on him and pray.  I commanded the pain to leave and invited the kingdom of God to come.  I only prayed for about 30 seconds, and then I asked him to check out his pain level.  There was a very surprised look on his face as he said, "The pain is gone."  I then tried something I had never done before; I had him lay his hands on his friend and command the pain to leave - in Jesus name.  The pain left that young man's legs as well.

Terry's prayer was answered.  I asked them if they would like to invite Jesus, who has just touched their bodies, to come into their lives.  They both said, “yes” they wanted to.  I explained the gospel to them, led them in prayer, gave them some literature to get them plugged into a church, and then their ride home arrived.  The timing was perfect!

That was the start of an amazing evening.  The Lord led us to seven more people in addition to these two young men. We found them with an eclectic mix of clues, like white truck, the letter “S”, black and white, high heeled boots, names that started with J and R, and skin condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment