Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bethel School of Supernatural Evangelism Part 3

Two of the gifts of the Spirit that were demonstrated at this conference were the prophetic and words of knowledge.  The prophetic is basically calling out the gold in a person's life.  It is used for strengthening, encouragement and comfort (1Cor 14:3).  A word of knowledge is a bit of knowledge that is obtained from God to reach a person supernaturally.  I really wanted to be activated in both of these spiritual gifts while here.

One of my clues that I received on a treasure hunt were the colors of green and purple.  I was looking for someone wearing these two colors.  I had no luck finding these clues during two previous treasure hunts.  I saved my treasure map and kept it with me for two days looking for who it might be for.  I went out to lunch with a group of five from the conference including a student from Bethel Church.  He demonstrated the prophetic for us by ministering to a young man on the sidewalk in front of a group of retail stores that included Cold Stone, an ice cream store.  I did approach a young lady that had some purple/green coloring in her hair with my old treasure map.  I was shot down in flames.  One of the ladies in our group said that the young lady I approached probably thought that I was just hitting on her. Maybe next time I should take a female with me to help when approaching a young woman.

That afternoon we were taught on some of the ways we receive words of knowledge.  One way is "it's not your pain".  If you suddenly have an unusual pain that you didn't have before, it could be a pain in someone in the area you have just entered.

We were released for dinner so my sister Terry, her husband Roger and I decided to try to find our way to the retail stores where I had lunch earlier in the day, and to get dinner there as well.  As were got out of the car I noticed 3 teenaged guys setting up to play music on the sidewalk.  One of them had a green plaid shirt and the other had a purple plaid shirt.  After two days of searching I had finally found my clues.  It was these three teens.  We approached them and I told them that I had been looking for them for two days.  At the same time Roger and Terry both got a sick feeling in their stomachs.  We asked them if they need prayer for anything.  At first they said no.  Then one of the young men (he was wearing all black, was smoking, and even had his fingernails painted black) said that he had a sore throat and that his friend was suffering from food poisoning and had stomach pain.  Just an hour earlier, we had been taught about receiving a word of knowledge in this manner and now Terry and Roger were experiencing it.  Wow! The door was now open for us.

We prayed for their healing and then I prophesied over them.  The words just flowed.  The more I spoke the more the words seem to come.  God was using me to speak to these three young men.  Wow.  This stuff they are teaching us really works.  The six of us had an encounter with the living God right there on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment